Happy New Year!
On behalf of the AFP Charlotte Board, I wanted to send you best wishes for 2014 and give you a little preview of our strategic initiatives for the year.
In November, the Board held its annual planning retreat to discuss many ideas and decided to focus on the theme of "Philanthropy for the Whole Organization". We see AFP Charlotte as an organization positioned to lead discussions at many levels about what a true culture of philanthropy should look like within organizations. So often we focus specifically on the development department, but how do we impact the entire non-profit?
Our first program on February 4th gives us the opportunity to explore philanthropy on a broader scale. And we will continue to roll out this theme across our focus areas: membership, programs, marketing/partnerships, governance/finance, throughout the year. President-Elect, Michelle Hamilton will report to the membership on a regular basis as to how various committees are implementing specific tactical items.
And your input is also extremely valuable to this process! I hope that you will participate in our membership survey next month and share your thoughts and ideas. Joining a committee is also a great way to be involved. Please visit our website<http://www.
Thank you for being an important part of advancing philanthropy in our community. I hope this year brings you lots of joy personally and professionally and I look forward to seeing you at our next meeting!
Shannon Hinson, CFRE
President, AFP Charlotte
- AFP Charlotte 2017 Board of Directors
- Frequently Asked Questions About Legislation
- Share Your AFP Story!
- Board Nominations Now Open
- Conference Site Down - Regular Rates Extended
- Member Confession: Mike Blackwelder, Director of Donor & Community Relations, Safe Alliance
- 2014 AFP Charlotte Membership Survey Results
- LaGrange College Offering MA in Philanthropy
- Member Confession: Jennifer Player, Director, Crisis Assistance Ministry
- SHIFT or FIESTA: AFP ICON Thoughts from a Newbie
- Boards Capstone CFRE Charlotte Committees Communication Educational Programs Fundraising Helmet of Hope Jimmie Johnson Leadership Member Opportunities Mentoring National Philanthropy Day NC Philanthropy Conference nonprofit Nonprofit Organizations NPD Philanthropic Community Programs Scholarship Sponsorship Survey