The AFP announces the expansion and strengthening of its Public Policy department with the addition of a Vice President of Public Policy, to be filled by Michael Nilsen. Nilsen, a 15 year veteran of the AFP team most recently served as Vice President of Public Affairs. Previously, Nilson was part of the public policy division, where he played a key role in helping to position AFP and build strong relationships with both legislators and staffers. Nilsen joined AFP after working in the world of public policy and lobbying. His skills and experience will play a vital role in lobbying and government relations while working in coordination with the marketing and communications division to build stronger relationships with the media, create a proactive communications strategy and enhance overall outreach and marketing to different constituencies. Building the public policy program at AFP will make the organization's public position stronger in the eyes of legislators, the sector, members and the public, as well as allow for research and collaborations to achieve our mission to be a leading advocate in the world of fundraising philanthropy.
- AFP Charlotte 2017 Board of Directors
- Frequently Asked Questions About Legislation
- Share Your AFP Story!
- Board Nominations Now Open
- Conference Site Down - Regular Rates Extended
- Member Confession: Mike Blackwelder, Director of Donor & Community Relations, Safe Alliance
- 2014 AFP Charlotte Membership Survey Results
- LaGrange College Offering MA in Philanthropy
- Member Confession: Jennifer Player, Director, Crisis Assistance Ministry
- SHIFT or FIESTA: AFP ICON Thoughts from a Newbie
- Boards Capstone CFRE Charlotte Committees Communication Educational Programs Fundraising Helmet of Hope Jimmie Johnson Leadership Member Opportunities Mentoring National Philanthropy Day NC Philanthropy Conference nonprofit Nonprofit Organizations NPD Philanthropic Community Programs Scholarship Sponsorship Survey