Special Capital Campaign Two-Day Intensive Workshop A Capital Campaign: Is your organization ready for the big leap? [CANCELLED]
When: 04/22/2020 - 04/23/2020
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Is your organization growing and considering a capital campaign in the next three years? Is the thought of going into a campaign frightening? AFP Charlotte and the Winkler Group are presenting a workshop that helps development offices lay the foundation for a successful capital campaign.
During this interactive seminar, participants will learn:
The AFP Campaign Course is led by Winkler Group CEO, Tim Winkler, and President, Jim Bush
- How to assess campaign readiness.
- How to create a case for support that appeals to donors.
- How to strategically use the planning phase as a cultivation opportunity.
- The commitment and responsibilities for staff, volunteers, and campaign leaders.
- How to properly qualify prospects and identify leadership.
- How to create a culture of philanthropy that goes beyond the campaign.
- The cost to raise a dollar.
- How to ensure pledges are collected.
Tim Winkler founded the Winkler Group to serve clients differently. He spent the first 15 years of his career in academic advancement and was underwhelmed by the campaign counsel he experienced. Over the past 15 years, he has built a firm that puts clients and their missions at the center. A highly sought-after and award-winning speaker, Tim is frequently invited to share his insights at both national and regional conferences. He has a B.A. from Wheaton College and a M.A. in Theological Studies from Columbia Biblical Seminary.
Jim Bush is a seasoned fundraising professional and nonprofit executive with over $100 million raised for capital campaigns over his career. A well-known speaker, Mr. Bush has presented at more than fifty national and international fundraising conferences; he has been named the top speaker at six international conferences. His articles on fundraising have been published in leading nonprofit journals.
Spots are limited--we only have 40 seats available with no flexibility to go over so register now!
Registration includes continental breakfast both days and lunch on April 22. Lunch will be on your own on April 23.
- AFP members: $40 with the option to bring the head of your organization and board chair for $40 each
- Non-AFP members: $350 or become an AFP member today
Comments from past Winkler Group Capital Campaign Workshops
- "I've been to many conferences/workshops over the years and am usually fortunate to walk away with a small bit of useful content. Your workshop exceeds all expectations look forward to visiting further."
- "Very practical and hands on."
- "I valued the interaction with peers facing similar challenges."