Planning for 2013 AFP Charlotte programs began in October with a member survey on location, topics, speakers and other details of monthly programs. Highlights included:
- 78% of respondents expressed an interest in programs targeting support staff, i.e. database managers, volunteer managers, etc.
- 44% ranked Major Gifts as their most desired topics with Donor Stewardship, following as a close second
- 70% indicated interest in programs targeting board members and more than 80% indicated in interested in programs targeting executive directors or CEOs.
The survey was offered to members only, with 27 members, or more than 10% of chapter member responding. Thirty percent of members responding reported they have been a professional fundraiser for five to ten years.
A group of interested members gathered late last month to review the survey and begin planning 2013 programs. Based on survey feedback and discussion among the brainstorming groups:
- Final strategies for 2013 programming will be presented to the chapter board at its November planning retreat.
- We are currently negotiating with Harris Conference Center as our location for spring programs. Program location for the remainder of the year will be decided in early 2013 based on attendance and member feedback on Harris Conference Center.
- Building on the success of our recent program co-presented with Leave A Legacy and NC Planned Giving Council, conversation are underway for co-presented programs with the Association of Philanthropic Counsel and the International Association of Business Communicators.
If you didn't have a chance to respond to the survey, and would like to suggest specific topics or speakers for future AFP Charlotte meetings, contact Michelle Hamilton.