While the AFP Charlotte scholarship committee has already awarded its Chamberlain Scholarship, there are funds available to help you as a professional.• Are you a full-time fund raiser and member of AFP Charlotte?
• Would you like to obtain a scholarship in support of your member dues, or partial funding of your attendance at the 2014 NC Philanthropy Conference, First Course in Fundraising, the CFRE Review Course?
You can apply online, see http://www.afpcharlotte.org/professional-
development/scholarships/ or contact Armen S. Boyajian, CFRE, 704-370-3371 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must be members of AFP Charlotte Chapter, and employed as a full-
The purpose of the AFP- Charlotte Chapter Scholarship Fund is to promote and enhance the professional development of fund development professionals in the Charlotte area and encourage involvement and membership in the Charlotte chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals. The chapter is pleased to provide scholarships for educational opportunities, including but not limited to:
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and are considered by the committee through a blind-review process at monthly Scholarship Committee meetings. An individual member may receive scholarship funds only once during the calendar
For more info, please visit http://www.afpcharlotte.org/professional-development/scholarships/ or contact Armen S. Boyajian, CFRE, 704-370-3371 or email@example.com
AFP's new awards program is now open for nominations, and we encourage you to submit one today. It's an all-new process, and it's very easy. Here are the key things you need to know:
- ANY member of AFP can submit a nomination.
- Any person or organization can be nominated, assuming they fit the initial criteria. Nominees don't have to be chapter honorees.
- Nominations are due Jan. 31.
- Honorees will be recognized at AFP's National Philanthropy Day® event in November 2014.
- The initial nomination "form" is a short video.
We are NOT looking for chapter videos, with significant production values and interviews from donors and others. Those are wonderful videos--and they can be submitted if nominators want. But we want to hear--simply and directly--how your nominee is changing the community and the world--their stories of impact and making a difference.
To upload your video--and see examples of the types of videos we're looking for--click here for the AFP awards page: http://awards.afpresources.
You have until Jan. 31 to upload your video, and provide a little basic information about you and your nominee.
Then what happens?
After Jan. 31, chapters will be able to vote for their favorites in each category. Yes, that's where chapters get involved, and we'll have more information next year. Chapters will get to decide on their own how they're going to make their voting decisions in each category, and will get a certain number of votes in each category depending on the number of nominees.
After we tally the chapter voting, the top nominees will then be vetted by our Awards Committee. Nominators will be asked for more detailed information about each nominee, and the committee will select the top three nominees in each category.
Those nominees will then be reviewed by a blue star panel of judges, and our final honorees will be honored at AFP's National Philanthropy Day celebration in November 2014.
For information about all of the categories and to upload videos, go to http://awards.afpresources.
We look forward to seeing your nomination!
- AFP Charlotte 2017 Board of Directors
- Frequently Asked Questions About Legislation
- Share Your AFP Story!
- Board Nominations Now Open
- Conference Site Down - Regular Rates Extended
- Member Confession: Mike Blackwelder, Director of Donor & Community Relations, Safe Alliance
- 2014 AFP Charlotte Membership Survey Results
- LaGrange College Offering MA in Philanthropy
- Member Confession: Jennifer Player, Director, Crisis Assistance Ministry
- SHIFT or FIESTA: AFP ICON Thoughts from a Newbie
- Boards Capstone CFRE Charlotte Committees Communication Educational Programs Fundraising Helmet of Hope Jimmie Johnson Leadership Member Opportunities Mentoring National Philanthropy Day NC Philanthropy Conference nonprofit Nonprofit Organizations NPD Philanthropic Community Programs Scholarship Sponsorship Survey