In February, AFP Charlotte emailed out a membership survey asking for your feedback. Thank you for participating!The Board plans to use this information in strategic and program planning for the chapter. Below are some of the findings:
· 52 members took the survey
· 75% serve on their organization's leadership team and more than 50% have a role in program operations.
· 74% were somewhat or completely satisfied with local chapter programs and services.
· More than ½ of those surveyed with neutral or dissatisfied with AFP IHQ services.
· One of the biggest challenges our members face is not having enough time in the day/being understaffed.
· Most wanted program topics included: Time Management (program coming in November!), Cultivation/Stewardship and Analytics (May program offered)
· 88% of those surveyed felt as though there is at least 1 person in AFP they can call for advice.
· 35% were neutral or dissatisfied with chapter information about member benefits.
· 42% were neutral or dissatisfied that chapter leadership wasn't interactive with membership.
Our Board values your feedback! It seems as though we can do a much better job at making members aware of AFP IHQ benefits and resources. This will certainly be a focus for us moving forward. As an FYI, IHQ is redesigning the membership website to offer a more customized log in. In the meantime, I encourage you to visit the resource center on AFP's website: AFP Hot Topics
Additionally, many of you expressed dissatisfaction with a low level of chapter leadership interaction. This feedback will be part of our mid-year Board discussion and planning. We will share some of our ideas at the September membership meeting. I hope that you will also take time to introduce yourself to someone new at the next chapter event. Networking remains one of the top benefits according to those surveyed.
Thanks again for your input and we will look forward to seeing you soon!