Most people who attend AFP meetings and join AFP are on the development team, with titles such as director of development, annual fund manager, grant writer, special events coordinator, or database specialist. But my title at Care Ring is Chief Program Officer, and I am responsible for the strategic direction and operations of our healthcare programs.
That's right I'm a "program person." I believe fundraising is important to all of us who work in and with non-profit organizations. Programs and development are tied together like yin and yang, neither able to do our jobs without excellent planning and results from the other. I say all the time that the funds we raise support our programs, and our programs support our fundraising. It is important to the people we serve and the team providing services that donors understand and support our work. That is why I stay abreast of important fundraising topics through my AFP membership and attendance at meetings.
- AFP Charlotte 2017 Board of Directors
- Frequently Asked Questions About Legislation
- Share Your AFP Story!
- Board Nominations Now Open
- Conference Site Down - Regular Rates Extended
- Member Confession: Mike Blackwelder, Director of Donor & Community Relations, Safe Alliance
- 2014 AFP Charlotte Membership Survey Results
- LaGrange College Offering MA in Philanthropy
- Member Confession: Jennifer Player, Director, Crisis Assistance Ministry
- SHIFT or FIESTA: AFP ICON Thoughts from a Newbie
- Boards Capstone CFRE Charlotte Committees Communication Educational Programs Fundraising Helmet of Hope Jimmie Johnson Leadership Member Opportunities Mentoring National Philanthropy Day NC Philanthropy Conference nonprofit Nonprofit Organizations NPD Philanthropic Community Programs Scholarship Sponsorship Survey