About AFP & Membership
What is the Association of Fund Raising Professionals Charlotte (AFP Charlotte)?
The mission of AFP Charlotte is to advance philanthropy through education, training, and advocacy. AFP Charlotte provides monthly educational programs for fund raising professionals; an employment referral service, access to AFP International resources (see www.afpnet.org); statewide and national conferences; and the opportunity to become a Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) see http://www.cfre.org/
AFP Charlotte is volunteer-run organization and serves as the primary professional organization for fund raising professionals (also sometimes referred to as development officers). Find a listing of AFP/Charlotte officers and directors.
What are the benefits of membership in AFP Charlotte?
AFP Membership includes membership in the local chapter and in AFP International, the leading professional association in the field. Membership is the best way to network with your peers in non-profits across our community and to enrich your career through educational opportunities.
Members receive exclusive benefits, including:
- Discounted fees to monthly educational meetings, statewide philanthropy conference, and AFP International Conference
- Complimentary admission to chapter-sponsored extended education sessions and AFP International web-conferences
- Access to AFP Charlotte and AFP International's website, with news, information and resources for members only
- Complimentary subscription to Advancing Philanthropy, AFP International's monthly magazine
- Entry into monthly drawings for book give-aways to attendees
For more information on AFP and the benefits of membership, visit www.afpnet.org
I can't afford AFP membership - do you have any suggestions?
- AFP Charlotte offers a limited number of membership scholarships, and for further information, please click here. Some members receive full or partial support from their employers to cover the cost of membership.
Joining a Committee
I want to get involved a little further with AFP how can I join a Committee?
- Please click here to see which committees are seeking members.
What is the AFP monthly meeting cancellation policy?
- Cancellations must be received one week in advance in order to process a refund. Credits for future meetings are encouraged.
I can't attend a monthly meeting for which I've registered. Can I send someone in my place?
- Yes. If you realize you cannot attend up to 72 hours before the meeting, email email@example.com with your substitute's name. After that time, simply send your substitute in your place and have them inform the AFP member at the registration table of the change.
I would like to register for a monthly meeting, but registration is closed.
- Registration closes 72 hours before the event. The day of the event, a limited number of walk-in spaces are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Can I receive CFRE credit for attending an AFP Charlotte Monthly Meeting?
- Yes. Each year AFP Charlotte applies for CFRE Credit for all of our Monthly Meetings. It is the individual's responsibility to keep track of their CFRE hours.