Have you ever been to the AFP NC Philanthropy Conference? This incredible conference will take place on August 16 and will give you a chance to network and grow professionally with non-profit professionals. Check it out at www.ncphilanthropyconference.
by Molly Swonger, Push America
The AFP Charlotte Chapter is pleased to announce the slate of winners for the 2013 National Philanthropy Day awards. We wanted to share just some of the comments about these generous individuals.
Outstanding Champion of Diversity Robyn Hamilton
"As a result of Robyn's dedication and expertise, the Charlotte in 2012 Host Committee provided equal opportunities to all business enterprises to participate in all aspects of the Convention."
Anthony Foxx, Mayor of Charlotte
Outstanding Emerging Philanthropist Meghann Gunderman
"She is a person unlike anyone else I have ever met--intelligent, passionate, unbelievably driven, and humble to a fault. She acts from a place of genuine compassion, and she is a global thinker."
Kaitlin Rogers, Foundation for Tomorrow
Outstanding Philanthropic Small Business Boingo Graphics
"Boingo Graphics truly values relationships and isn't out to just make the next sale. They work very closely with their clients providing quality service and they get behind the mission of the non-profits they partner with."
- Donna Canzano, Humane Society of Charlotte
Outstanding Student Philanthropy Tory Foster
"We believe that Tory's example sends an extremely important message to young people that even now, even at a young age, they can become philanthropists and make a meaningful difference in people's lives if they are willing to take the risk to help someone else."
-Beth Levanti, Cannon School
Outstanding Philanthropic Organization Belk
"Belk is truly at the forefront of this type of "venture philanthropy" and is paving the way for future philanthropic endeavors in our community."
-Shelley Clayton, UNCC
Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser Terri DeBoo
"Terri's leadership and ability to create and execute strategies make her an ideal fund raising volunteer."
Julie Conigliaro, Charlotte Chamber of Commerce
Outstanding Professional Fundraising Executive Michelle Hamilton
"Michelle is an incredible asset to our community"
Carol Hardison, Crisis Assistance Ministry
Outstanding Legacy Margaret "Jean" Norwood Culver and Dr. Lucius Gage
Lucius Gage: "Moreover, he believed deeply that a key to improving the human condition is education, and to help someone get an education is perhaps the most lasting gift of all."
-Shelley Clayton, UNCC
Margaret Jean Culver: "Jean was not a wealthy woman. She worked her entire life and served her country through military service. She lived her life to the fullest, but remained frugal in her earthly possessions. Now, her legacy will live on forever in the young lives she touches."
-Jaime Hayes, Presbyterian Healthcare Foundation
Outstanding Philanthropist James H. Hance, Jr. & Beverly Smith Hance
"Jim's foresight was obvious when he was instrumental in recruiting Johnson & Wales University to Charlotte. His leadership in chairing the Inaugural Campaign for the Carolinas resulted in the campaign meeting and exceeding its $15 million goal."
- Darlene Goodwin, Johnson & Wales University
Please mark your calendars for this year's event on November 13, 2013. To purchase tickets and / or sponsorships online, please click here.
- AFP Charlotte 2017 Board of Directors
- Frequently Asked Questions About Legislation
- Share Your AFP Story!
- Board Nominations Now Open
- Conference Site Down - Regular Rates Extended
- Member Confession: Mike Blackwelder, Director of Donor & Community Relations, Safe Alliance
- 2014 AFP Charlotte Membership Survey Results
- LaGrange College Offering MA in Philanthropy
- Member Confession: Jennifer Player, Director, Crisis Assistance Ministry
- SHIFT or FIESTA: AFP ICON Thoughts from a Newbie
- Boards Capstone CFRE Charlotte Committees Communication Educational Programs Fundraising Helmet of Hope Jimmie Johnson Leadership Member Opportunities Mentoring National Philanthropy Day NC Philanthropy Conference nonprofit Nonprofit Organizations NPD Philanthropic Community Programs Scholarship Sponsorship Survey