Each year the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) honors individuals, groups, organizations and businesses that, through their hard work and dedication, have enhanced philanthropy. The only way it is possible for AFP to honor such individuals, groups, organizations and businesses is via our sponsors. Their generosity makes it possible for us to honor those who make our community a better place.
This year we are delighted to have the following Sponsors:
Michelle and Mark
Why do they choose to support National Philanthropy Day?
"UNC Charlotte is pleased to sponsor AFP Charlotte's National Philanthropy Day. It gives us the opportunity to highlight the amazing things our inspirational donors have done for our institution and our community. This University and this region are better places to learn, work, and live because of those philanthropists who have dedicated their life and resources to so many worthy causes."
Shelley Clayton, Director of Stewardship at UNC Charlotte
"At PNC, we have a long history of supporting worthy causes. Helping all our citizens thrive creates strong, vibrant communities where individuals, families and businesses can achieve their goals."
Barbara K. Bascom, Vice-President, Client and Community Relations Director at PNC
"Novant Health Foundation is thrilled to sponsor National Philanthropy Day. The Day's goal of paying tribute to philanthropy's significant impact on our community aligns closely with Novant Health's charitable mission of improving the health of our communities, one person at a time. Novant Health strongly believes that a robust philanthropic sector is critical to the future success and growth of the Charlotte region, particularly in healthcare as we seek to bring world-class medical care to the communities we serve."
Jamie Hayes, Director of Development at Novant Health Foundation
AFP thanks these sponsors for making National Philanthropy Day possible.
AFP Charlotte would like to congratulate Robert Touchstone, Director of Development for the Carolina Raptor Center, on being awarded the 2013 Charlotte Chapter Chamberlain Scholarship.
To help individuals serving nonprofit organizations develop their knowledge and skill in fundraising, the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy sponsors the Chamberlain Scholarship Program. The Chamberlain Scholarship honors the memory of Ralph E. Chamberlain, CFRE. AFP Chapters may name one grant recipient per year.
Robert will receive $1,000 towards expenses and his conference registration (a $625 value) to the 2014 AFP International Conference, March 23-25, in San Antonio, Texas.
- AFP Charlotte 2017 Board of Directors
- Frequently Asked Questions About Legislation
- Share Your AFP Story!
- Board Nominations Now Open
- Conference Site Down - Regular Rates Extended
- Member Confession: Mike Blackwelder, Director of Donor & Community Relations, Safe Alliance
- 2014 AFP Charlotte Membership Survey Results
- LaGrange College Offering MA in Philanthropy
- Member Confession: Jennifer Player, Director, Crisis Assistance Ministry
- SHIFT or FIESTA: AFP ICON Thoughts from a Newbie
- Boards Capstone CFRE Charlotte Committees Communication Educational Programs Fundraising Helmet of Hope Jimmie Johnson Leadership Member Opportunities Mentoring National Philanthropy Day NC Philanthropy Conference nonprofit Nonprofit Organizations NPD Philanthropic Community Programs Scholarship Sponsorship Survey