Writing and compiling National Philanthropy Day nominations can be overwhelming, so we put together a helpful check list of the Top 7 Items to Remember when submitting a nomination.
1. While you might enjoy reading Hemingway in your personal time, writing like him when submitting your nomination is not such a great idea:
Complete, clear and concise is the way to go.
2. Include every organization who benefits from their support :
Include your nominee's involvement in the community so your nomination will reflect the full breadth of their philanthropic impact.
3. Three may be a crowd but it's perfect when it comes to supporting documents:
Supporting material is limited to three (letters of recommendation, newspaper articles, etc.)
4. No one likes to be stood up:
Nominator must confirm nominee's attendance at the awards luncheon in November.
5. Maximize impact
Please submit only ONE nomination for each category.
6. No one likes a double dipper:
A person or organization can only be selected as an honoree once for each category. You can view a list of past honorees on AFP-Charlotte's website here.
7. If you didn't succeed before, feel free to try, try again:
Past applications can be resubmitted; we simply ask that you send an updated nomination form in the current format.
Robert Touchstone, Director of Development at the Carolina Raptor Center and AFP Charlotte's Chamberlain scholarship winner in 2014, is organizing a meet-up of those AFP Charlotte members who plan on attending the AFP International Conference in San Antonio this March. If you plan on going this March, please contact him with your cell phone and email:
O: 704-875-6521 x204
AFP-Charlotte Has a Place For You
- AFP Charlotte 2017 Board of Directors
- Frequently Asked Questions About Legislation
- Share Your AFP Story!
- Board Nominations Now Open
- Conference Site Down - Regular Rates Extended
- Member Confession: Mike Blackwelder, Director of Donor & Community Relations, Safe Alliance
- 2014 AFP Charlotte Membership Survey Results
- LaGrange College Offering MA in Philanthropy
- Member Confession: Jennifer Player, Director, Crisis Assistance Ministry
- SHIFT or FIESTA: AFP ICON Thoughts from a Newbie
- Boards Capstone CFRE Charlotte Committees Communication Educational Programs Fundraising Helmet of Hope Jimmie Johnson Leadership Member Opportunities Mentoring National Philanthropy Day NC Philanthropy Conference nonprofit Nonprofit Organizations NPD Philanthropic Community Programs Scholarship Sponsorship Survey