Please read the following description and expectations. Then complete the online application form below; deadline is August 2, 2021.
Purpose: To advise, govern, oversee policy and direction, and assist with the leadership and general promotion of the Association of Fundraising Professionals Charlotte Chapter so as to support the organization's mission and needs.
Mission Statement: The Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) Charlotte Chapter provides its members mentoring, advocacy and recognition.
- Organizational leadership and advisement
- Organization of the board of directors, officers, and committees
- Formulation and oversight of policies and procedures
- Financial management, including adoption and oversight of the annual budget
- Oversight of program planning and evaluation
- Board evaluation and development
- Review of organizational and programmatic reports
- Promotion of the organization
- Fundraising and outreach
*Members of the board share these responsibilities while acting in the interest of the Association of Fundraising Professionals Charlotte Chapter. Each member is expected to make recommendations based on his or her experience and vantage point in the community.
Length of term:
- Chapter officers shall be elected at an annual meeting of the membership, and shall serve one year terms, with a maximum of two terms in each office, but may qualify for two additional one year terms after a minimum one year break in service, for a total lifetime service of four years in each office. Chapter Officers include President, President-Elect, Immd. Past President, Treasurer, Secretary, and 1 to 4 Vice Presidents.
- Directors shall serve one year terms, with the maximum of eight terms for a total of eight (8) years of maximum service, unless also serving as president, president-elect or immediate past president.
Meetings and time commitment:
- The board of directors meets every month; the Executive Committee meets at the discretion of the President.
- Committees of the board meet an average of four times per year, pending their respective work agenda.
Expectations of board members:
- Attend and participate in board meetings on a regular basis, and chapter programs as able.
- Participate on a standing committee of the board, and serve on ad-hoc committees as necessary.
- Be alert to community concerns that can be addressed by AFP's mission, objectives, and programs.
- Help communicate and promote AFP's mission and programs to the community.
- Become familiar with AFP's finances, budget, and financial/resource needs.
- Understand the policies and procedures of AFP.
- Financially support AFP in a manner commensurate with one's ability.