AFP Scholarships exist to recruit new members and retain existing members who are unable to afford annual membership dues. As organizations move forward and adapt to a new normal, our goal is to assist members with the learning opportunities offered through AFP Charlotte and enhance the skills necessary to develop fundraising expertise. We want to focus on our members and keep them active and engaged in the important work of fundraising and development that we know will be so important in the coming weeks and months.
Applicants are encouraged to review the membership category options to determine the best fit.
- To be eligible, applicants must be employed at a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization within the last 12-24 months.
- Have served on an AFP Charlotte chapter committee within the last 24 months
- Attended four AFP Charlotte events within the previous 12-18 months of submitting application.
|Small Nonprofit Organization:||$175.00|
Scholarships are also awarded to cover professional development opportunities (webinars, a specific course, etc.).
Application Deadlines: Due to our response to COVID-19, we will review membership applications on a rolling basis. Applicants will be notified within two weeks of applying.
Please visit the AFP Global to review the full list of Membership Categories.
- Funds will be awarded as applications are received and carefully reviewed by the Scholarship Chair. The names of scholarship recipients are not shared with the AFP Membership at-large, unless permission is granted from the recipient in order to promote the Scholarship program.
- Scholarships will be awarded based on eligibility requirements and guidelines outlined on the application.
- Scholarship funds will be granted throughout the year until funds are depleted.
- AFP members may only receive one scholarship per calendar year.
- Only one member from any one organization can receive a scholarship for the same membership scholarship category during the course of one year. Organizations may receive membership scholarships for only two consecutive years.
Click here to submit your application.