AFP-Charlotte Chapter will host the 2012 National Philanthropy Day luncheon on Wednesday, November 7, at the Westin Charlotte. More than 500 of Charlotte's top business leaders, foundations and charities will come together to recognize nine individuals, companies and organizations (see names below) for their outstanding work in the philanthropic community of Charlotte.
National Philanthropy Day is celebrated because of the extraordinary impact of the charitable sector and the increasing role it plays in our societies and countries around the world. It is observed by more than 125 communities and 50,000 people each year, and AFP-Charlotte Chapter has hosted its luncheon for more than 20 years.
The 2012 National Philanthropy Day honorees were chosen by an Awards Selection Committee comprised of past award winners. Click here for bios of the honorees.
- Outstanding Champion of Diversity Jill Flynn
- Outstanding Philanthropist Porter Byrum
- Outstanding Emerging Philanthropist Jackie Slaugenhaupt
- Outstanding Legacy Carol Ann Douglas (honored posthumously)
- Outstanding Student Philanthropy UNC Charlotte Nursing Association
- Outstanding Philanthropic Organization John S. and James L. Knight Foundation
- Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser Jamie McLawhorn
- Outstanding Professional Fundraising Executive James Bullock